cari ragazzi della quinta E,
in questo blog siete invitati a commentare il brano proposto dal capitolo 23 del romanzo Jane Eyre.
Troverete la presentazione tratta dal file proiettato sulla LIM a scuola, completo di materiali, suggerimenti ed esercizi da svolgere a questo link:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_vdcHcOJ38QWjVLd3NWTUc5WGc
Sentitevi liberi di trattare qualsiasi esercizio nei vostri post: gli interventi saranno valutati soprattutto rispetto alla qualità, ma il numero sarà indice di partecipazione, perciò conterà. Io interverrò per chiarire punti poco chiari o sollecitare i vostri commenti.
Vi ricordo che la verifica scritta è fissata per il 16 dicembre, ma potrete continuare ad inserire i vostri post.
profcarla
Dal 12 dicembre 2012 potrete accedere a questo link: http://prezi.com/h8vdm84ul7il/c-bronte-jane-eyre-ch-23/?kw=view-h8vdm84ul7il&rc=ref-26695555 che contiene l'analisi visiva del testo, accompagnata dalla mia spiegazione (file mp3 al link con GoogleDrive)
Questo commento è stato eliminato dall'autore.
RispondiEliminaWhat impressed me in Jane Eyre is that she's not beatiful, not rich, not lucky; but Jane is different from the tipical women during the Victorian Age. In fact she believes in respect for herself as a person and human, she claims her indipendence. In my opinion she is a very strong female character: she has a mind and use it in her life! So I think that the beginning of the chapter 23, when she says "Do you think I am an automaton?" to "I am not talking to you now trough the medium of custom.." is very important. She has a soul, she has a heart. Jane is equal in spirit to Mr Rochester. This is why I like the figure of Jane: she is not as other women at this time.
RispondiEliminaWhat impressed me in Jane Eyre is that she's not beatiful, not rich, not lucky; but Jane is different from the typical women during the Victorian Age. In fact she believes in respect for herself as a person and human being, she claims her independence. In my opinion she is a very strong female character: she has a mind and uses it in her life! So I think that the beginning of the chapter 23, when she says "Do you think I am an automaton?" to "I am not talking to you now trough the medium of custom.." is very important. She has a soul, she has a heart. Jane is equal in spirit to Mr Rochester. This is why I like the figure of Jane: she is not like other women at thattime.
EliminaI'm agree with Vanessa. I love the character of Jane Eyre! Her life wasn't simple, we can think that she was sent in a school when she was only a child, but she continued to fight for her dignify. She wasn't afraid to express her feelings, her ideas at a noble man like Mr. Ronchester. She's absolutely unconventional in Victorian's time where feelings were repressed.
RispondiEliminaI agree with Vanessa. I love the character of Jane Eyre! Her life wasn't simple, we can think that she was sent to a school when she was only a child, but she continued to fight for her dignity. She wasn't afraid to express her feelings, her ideas to a noble man like Mr. Ronchester. She's absolutely unconventional in Victorian times when feelings were repressed.
EliminaI agree with Vanessa and Michelle,the figure of Jane is the meaning of courage and determination ,because she is a very strong woman but at the same time is simple and has a noble spirit. From the beginning, Jane possesses a sense of her self-worth and dignity, is an unconventional woman with the values and principles of the Victorian age
RispondiEliminaI agree with Vanessa and Michelle,the figure of Jane is the icon of courage and determination ,because she is a very strong woman but at the same time she is simple and has a noble spirit. From the beginning, Jane possesses a sense of her self-worth and dignity, is an unconventional woman with the values and principles of the Victorian age
EliminaI absolutely agree with you, but, at the same time, I believe that it is important to consider the unconventional behaviour of Mr Rochester. In fact I'm fascinated by his personality, he seems to be tradicional, using a conventional lenguage. For example when he says : " I offer you my hand, my heart, and share of all my possessions." His sentences appear 'made phrases'. But this happens because he is a noble, so he is used to act in this way by his strict education. But we can observe that he breaks all social links preferring love against inheritance and this is very unsual for the time.
RispondiEliminaYou're right, also his figure is very “attractive” but I'm more fascinated by the character of Jane because thanks to her determination and her moral values, does not yield immediately to the court of Mr Rochester, only for economic security, but maintains her honor.
EliminaYou think right, I don't have dobles about the determination of Jane, we just prefer different personagies. I like the innovative version that Charlotte Bronte gives of a noble with feelings that become a supreme value.
EliminaI absolutely agree with you, but, at the same time, I believe that it is important to consider the unconventional behaviour of Mr Rochester. In fact I'm fascinated by his personality, he seems to be traditional, using a conventional language. For example when he says : " I offer you my hand, my heart, and a share of all my possessions." His sentences appear 'ready-to-use phrases'. But this happens because he is a noble, so he is used to act in this way by his strict education. Despite that, we can observe that he breaks all social links preferring love against inheritance and this is very unusual for the time.
EliminaYou think right, I don't have any doubts about Jane's determination, we just prefer different personages. I like the innovative version that Charlotte Bronte gives of a noble with feelings that become a supreme value.
EliminaUhm, Mr Rochester? I have not yet figured out if he is really in love with Jane or if he is simply duplicitous. Why? Because he is very capable of shows of great affection and physical tenderness, in fact Jane describes this during the chapter 23: "[..] enclosing me in his arms. Gathering me to his breast, pressing his lips on my lips [..]" This passionate side means that he may have strayed sexually in the past, and slept with a number of women. Not only, he knows how to woo and deceive a woman. Nevertheless, what kind of interest would fooled in a "poor" as Jane? Nothing! Here, I think is the answer to the purity of the feeling of Mr Rochester. It's true that he has a secret: Mr Rochester is just married! But he does undeniably fall genuinely in love with Jane; so much so that he doesn't care what society think.This kind of behaviour is not conventional with the rest of nobles at the Victorian Age. So, in conclusion I agree whit Noemi.
RispondiEliminaUhm, Mr Rochester? I have not yet figured out if he is really in love with Jane or if he is simply duplicitous. Why? Because he is very capable of showing great affection and physical tenderness, in fact Jane describes this behaviour during chapter 23: "[..] enclosing me in his arms. Gathering me to his breast, pressing his lips on my lips [..]" This passionate side means that he may have strayed sexually in the past, and slept with a number of women. Not only, he knows how to woo and deceive a woman. Nevertheless, what kind of interest would he have in fooling a "poor" like Jane? Nothing! Here, I think is the answer to the purity of the feeling of Mr Rochester. It's true that he has a secret: Mr Rochester is already married! But he does undeniably fall genuinely in love with Jane; so much so that he doesn't care what society think. This kind of behaviour is not the same as the rest of nobles at the Victorian Age showed. So, in conclusion I agree whit Noemi.
EliminaWell, I think the character of Jane Eyre is really actual and modern. She could be an example for all of us because of her awareness and maturity. Her power is in her attitude to say the truth to herself and to the others and this clarity lets her to dominate and to be strong.
RispondiEliminaFurthermore, I was thinking the Victorian Age is considered a very important period of english history and its values were appreciated by english people and praised abroad. Notwithstanding Charlotte Bronte shows to look forward, proposing a different kind of heroine, out of the frame of that period. I believe this is the role of the artist and most of all of the writer: he has to anticipate the evolution of the society, correcting what is wrong, and I'm sure that the role relegating woman in the Victorian Age was wrong. In conclusion if Jane Eyre is only a character built by imagination, Charlotte Bronte is herself a real heroine, a woman who has changed society and people's way of thinking. That's why now we are studying what she wrote 170 years ago.
Well, I think the character of Jane Eyre is really modern. She could be an example for all of us because of her awareness and maturity. Her power is in her attitude to say the truth to herself and to the others and this clarity lets her dominate and be strong.
EliminaFurthermore, I was thinking the Victorian Age is considered a very important period of the English history and its values were appreciated by English people and praised abroad. Notwithstanding Charlotte Bronte shows to look forward, proposing a different kind of heroine, out of the frame of that period. I believe this is the role of the artist and most of all of the writer: he has to anticipate the evolution of the society, correcting what is wrong, and I'm sure that the role relegating woman in the Victorian Age was wrong. In conclusion, if Jane Eyre is only a character created by imagination, Charlotte Bronte is herself a real heroine, a woman who has changed the society and people's way of thinking. That's why now we are studying what she wrote 170 years ago.
Dear students,
RispondiEliminaI appreciate so much your comments that I was almost sorry to correct them, I only did so because of the next written test you have.
Actually, Jane Eyre has been considered a feminist ante litteram, even if I prefer to consider her just what she states to be: an independent human being with a free will!
I believe that Jane Eyre, with her statement " I am a free human being with an independent will" , puts her dignity as a human being above all else. She is a woman who works, earns a living by herself. She is independent: Jane doesn't need a man to live her life. (Aguzzi)
EliminaIn my opinion she's simply the icon of the modern woman: independent and with a free will. Charlotte Bronte is absolutely revolutionary.
RispondiEliminaAt that time women and men were extremely conventionals; in fact for example women had to respect all the decisions of men, also they didn't have the right of word or of vote, instead men could do what they wanted do with women. In this context I think that Jane Eyre was a real revolutionary novel, in fact I think that Jane represents the prototype of woman who fights for her emancipation. Also I think that this novel in that time brought to a consciousness raising about the status of women in that time.
RispondiEliminaAt that time women and men were extremely conventional; in fact for example women had to respect all the decisions of men, they also didn't have the right to speak freely or vote, instead men could do what they wanted to do with women. In this context I think that Jane Eyre was a real revolutionary novel, in fact I think that Jane represents the prototype of woman who fights for her emancipation. I Also think that, at that time, the novel brought about awareness on the condition of women.
EliminaJane is plain-looking but intelligent and sharp-whitted.Her unconventionality lies in even if is poor, obscure,plain and little compared to Rochester as if they belonged to the same social class,defending her ideals, dignity in a decisive ands direct manner. Proud of her role and her capacity.All social convention are up side down, this evidenced by the fact that is the servant who seduces the noble who is her subject.She isn't available all for the sentiment unwilling to give up her dignity.Another stereotype is that although is not nice able to conquer rochester thanks to her whitt mind(Dante).Is consider her as a companion for life. At time like victorian age jane's behavior is out of the norm this is because in this period women was subject to the will of men and having no rights in every part of society
RispondiEliminaWell, I totally agree with all of you! In fact, in my opinion "Jane Eyre" can be considered a revolutionary novel in that time. During the Victorian Age women were usually submitted by men, who had a dominant role in the society. Instead Jane refuses the proposal marriage by Mr Rochester because she prefers to fight for her dignity and for her freedom. She is aware that he could offer her a comfortable life but she shows not to be interested in material possessions. She just want to demonstrate that they are equals, even if she is "plain, obscure, poor and little". Mr Rochester is an inconventional character too. In fact he is attracted by Jane's intelligence and for this reason he decides to marry her. In this way he shows to give a lot of importance to his feelings. But unfortunately he is rejected by Jane, who chooses herself.
RispondiEliminaRochester is almost submitted to her, unusual situation during the nineteenth century.